To celebrate the Centenary Year of the Women's Institute, St Hilary WI planted an acer tree in the St Hilary Pump Garden / No Man's Land on 16th September 2015 - the date in 1915 that the first WI was founded in Llanfair PG. Members gathered for a ceremonial planting, complete with commemoration plaque. A celebratory toast then took place in The Bush!!
Pictured from the left: Maria Weber, Jackie Roberts, Jenny Hughes, Joy Rees, Caroline Neudegg, Sheila Davies, Betty Thomas (President), Ray Evans, Sian Deal and Kay Heath.
Fossor: Clive Roberts
NB Here's a link to an article about 50 years of St Hilary WI: 1932 to 1982
The original tree failed to thrive, so on 1 October 2019 a replacement tree was planted with the help of Ewart Schofield:
From the left: Ewart, Schofield Jenny Hughes (Treasurer), Molly Ranger (Vice President), Betty Thomas (President),
Jo Williams (Secretary), Kay Gay, Jan Perry, Jackie Roberts, Barbara Gay, Ray Evans and the photographer was Caroline Neudegg