4pm-7.30pm Village Hall open for activities and refreshments
- 4.00pm Children’s performances, activities, socialising – village hall
- 5.15pm Christmas carols – village hall and green
- 5.30pm Switch on of Christmas lights – village hall
- 5.45pm More Christmas carols!
- 6.00pm Father Christmas and his sleigh – village green
- 6.30pm Continued socialising in the village hall with music and bubble machines until the mulled wine runs out!
[and then maybe a crafty sidestep to the Bush which will remain open until 8pm!]
Note: all timings are provisional and weather dependent
When trolls try to eat your goldfish
11am Wednesday, 6 December
Drop in for coffee/tea, cake and a chat. 11am to 12 noon every 1st Wednesday of the month
Jeff Lewis has set up St Hilary Marketplace WhatsApp group for posting items for sale or items wanted in and around the vicinity of the village. It also includes freecycling. Message Jeff directly if you would like to join the group 07805 618051
The walks and strolls section of the website includes:
- The 10 core circular walks from St Hilary ranging from gentle strolls (1 to 2 miles) to monster expeditions (over 10 miles)
- 4 different routes to Cowbridge, which can be combined for circular routes
- Strolling over The Clump for a takeaway coffee at Stalling Café or round the Garn or to Beaupre Castle
Click on this link for a pdf file of a map of the location of houses in the village - useful if you need to provide directions to family, friends or delivery van drivers. There are two pages: the first is of houses in the centre of the village, the second is of outlying houses.