Situated conveniently in the centre of the picturesque medieval village, the hall is an ideal venue for hobby groups, exercise activities, children’s birthday parties, community events and meetings for up to 60 people. Reasonable rates and discounts for regular users.
The basics: Dimensions and facilities
- 17m x 7m (120sqm)
- Capacity 60 seated
- 12 8-seater tables / 4 6-seater tables
- Easy access doors, loading directly outside, parking close by
- Tea and coffee making facilities, full set of crockery and cutlery, warming oven
- Disabled toilet and baby changing facility
And, if you want to enjoy some refreshments after your event in an award winning and grade II listed thatched pub, the Bush Inn is nearly next door.
The Hall is in the centre of our beautiful medieval village by the main entrance (lychgate) to the Church (CF71 7DQ).
The Essentials: The cost
The current rates (which include 15 minutes set up and tidy up) are as follows:
NB: a session is a morning, afternoon or evening – up to 4 hours
|Fees (£s)||1 hour
|Others: individuals/clubs etc for private use||13.75||28.50||57.00||85.50|
The above rates were due to be increased on 1 September 2020. But the committee members have decided to defer the increase because of the impact of Covid-19.
The following rates will apply from 1 March 2021 - this will be kept under review by the committee, but will not be earlier.
|Fees (£s) (from 1 March 2021)||1 hour||1 session
|Others: individuals/clubs etc for private use||14.00||29||58||87|
Special rates are available for regular bookings and the tables and chairs can be hired separately – please contact the booking secretary for details (see below).
The important bit: Booking the hall
To book the Village Hall, and/or to arrange to view the Hall and receive friendly advice on the cost of hiring the Hall, please contact
- The date of the event
- The start and end times for the event (including time for setup and clear up after the event)
- The nature of the event (eg children’s birthday party)
- Your contact details (email address, contact phone number and postal address)
- Confirmation of acceptance of the terms and conditions – see below
NB: Currently, Monday and Tuesday mornings available for classes [June 2020]
The practical stuff: Collecting the key and paying
As part of your booking confirmation, arrangements will be made to collect the key from a Committee member or other mutually convenient method for collecting the key before your event.
Payment can be made:
- In advance by posting a cheque payable to “St Hilary Village Hall” to Terry Dennis, Ffynnon Wen, St Hilary, Cowbridge CF71 7DP
- In advance by bank transfer: St Hilary Village Hall, sort code 40-18-18, account 80649058 (HSBC)
- Or on the day, by cash or cheque, when picking up the key
The boring, but important bits: Terms and conditions of use
The person hiring the hall must read and agree to these conditions before using the hall
- Turn off any electrical appliances, including the heaters, water heater and warming oven.
The committee reserve the right to charge for any excess electricity consumed as a result of appliances being left on.
- No pins, sticky tape, blue tac or similar are to put directly on any wall, door or painted surface – use the battens that are in place.
The committee reserve the right to charge for any restoration required to the decoration of the Hall.
- Any damage must be paid for by the hirer.
- Tables and chairs must not be dragged along the floor – they must be carried. Any damage caused to the floor must be paid for by the hirer.
- Please leave 4 tables out (there should be 4 tables already set up - if not, please contact the bookings secretary).
- Please leave the Hall in a clean and tidy condition, put away any table or chairs used, leave the work surfaces clear, sweep the floor and flush toilets.
- Please take away your rubbish.
- Turn off all the lights (including lights in the toilets and kitchen), ensure no water is running and close all windows.
- Ensure the double fire / disabled access doors are closed and leave by the side door which must be locked.
- Please be mindful of our neighbours - do not obstruct driveways and on leaving the premise please leave quietly.
- Alcohol brought onto the premises cannot be sold without an additional licence obtained for the event.
- Please return the key to the key safe and scamble the four numeric dials.
- St Hilary Village Hall Committee is not liable for any loss or damage or any losses arising during the hire and/or any personal injury of whatever
nature incurred by the hirer or any other person hiring the hall (save any injury caused by any negligence by the St Hilary Village Hall Committee)
- It is the responsibility of the hirer of the Village Hall to comply with the current Covid-19 regulations from time to time, and indemnify The Village Hall Committee and The Trustees of The Village Hall against all actions/claims/losses from any breach thereof and the booking by the hirer shall be deemed to be acceptance of this condition.
- Cancellation 2 months or more beforehand: 10% of the fees.
- Cancellation between 2 months and 1 month beforehand: 50% of the fees.
- Cancellation less than 1 month beforehand: 100% of the fees.
- There is no charge if the hall is subsequently relet.
As the hall has many users please leave the hall as you would expect to find it.
Thank you for taking care of our hall, which we are very proud of,
St Hilary Village Hall Committee