...because the community matters
Bell ringing in St Hilary
Ringing at three churches in the Cowbridge parish is arranged by a Parish band, which moves around three churches (St Hilary / Holy Cross, Cowbridge / St John the Baptist, Llanblethian) for practice nights, and for Sunday service ringing. A Parish Ringing Master, who works in co-operation with three Local Tower Captains, directs the ringing.
St. Hilary Church tower contains a ring of six, consisting of Rudhall bells dating from 1742, which were recast into a ring of five in 1906 and a treble which was dedicated in March 1999.
Visitors are always welcome to join in Sunday ringing and practice nights. Enquiries are also welcome from potential new members. Contact Alf Charles through the Parish Office – click on the Service and contact link on the menu on the left.
The active choir sings at many events around the Vale. It is not a church choir and details of how to join can be found by clicking the link to the choir's main page in the events and activities section.