The villagers held a right royal celebration on Friday, 29 April.
The higlights included, a champagne breakfast at the Bush Inn, activities on the Green, tug o'war, village choir, village group photograph, promise auction, music and entertainment
About £4,000 was raised for church funds.
Click on the read more link below to access photos and videos of the day.
- There are thumbnails of photos on the village web site: click here
- There are lots of photos on In2netwales: click here (scroll down - the photos are from number 79 onwards)
- Oscar has uploaded a slideshow to Flickr: click here
- Spike has also uploaded a slideshow to Flicker: click here
- There is a 20 minute video clip of the promise auction on YouTube: click here
If you want any high resolution photographs, please let us know and we can send them to you.
|TIMETABLE OF EVENTS
10am - 12pm WEDDING BREAKFAST at The Bush Inn (phone 01446 776888 to book)
1pm onwards COMPETITIONS (Collect from The Bush Inn)
Competitions close at 5pm – prize winners announced in the Bush at 7pm
2pm - 5pm EVENTS ON THE GREEN. (or the Village Hall if inclement weather)
3.45pm TUG O’WAR.
4.30pm ST HILARY CHOIR (Village Hall).
5pm VILLAGERS GROUP PHOTO.
6pm onwards ACTIVITIES AT THE BUSH INN.
7pm PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY
7.15pm PROMISE AUCTION
9pm MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
LIST OF PROMISES (and the donor)
These are the promises that will be auctioned by Phil Thomas at 7.15pm in the Bush Inn There are some cracking promises – scroll down to see them all.
All proceeds will be going to the St Hilary Church Funds so your donations and support on the day will be greatly appreciated.
If you are unable to attend the auction, you are most welcome to submit a sealed bid. Please make a note of which item(s) you want to bid for, you name and bid price, put it in a sealed envelope with the and give it to Glynne Clay or hand it in at the Bush Inn.
1. Lunch/supper for 2 at the Bush with a glass of wine (Andy & Liz Hooker)
2. A VIP seat for Prime Minister’s Question Time at the House of Commons (Alun Cairns)
3. A days sailing for 2 in the Bristol Channel with champagne lunch (Nick Orford)
4. Personal tour of Millennium Stadium for 4 by the Chief Executive WRU (Roger Lewis)
5. Pair of Drumming lessons at Vale Drum Studio, Coed Hills (Iolo Whelan)
6. A frame, up to 24” x 18”, for your own picture by Village Framing (Graham Kitchen)
7. 1 hour golf tuition at Cotterell Park (Terry Hoggett)
8. Load of logs delivered from Beaupre (Phil Brown)
9. Champagne and canapés for 4 in the conservatory (Glynne Clay)
10. Visit for 4 to Pant Wilkin racing stables with a leading trainer (Tim Vaughan)
11. 1 hour tuition or clean up of your computer (Terry Dennis)
12. A complete facial by Clarins at the spa, Howells, Cardiff (Nick Orford)
13. Visit Glamorgan Hunt Kennels for 4 (Charles Williams)
14. Conducted Garden Tour and Tea for 4 at Pinklands (Rose Clay)
15. Pick eggs from henhouse and select 2 dozen to take home (Jane Williams)
16. Summer's afternoon by the pool with tea for 4 at Coed Hills (Bill and Gill Clay)
17. Morning chauffeur driven trip to central Cardiff, return afternoon (John Curteis)
18. 1 hour’s supervised riding on a child’s pony (Simon Lait)
19. A personalised hanging basket (Caroline Neudegg)
20. Mow lawn, trim edges, cut trees etc for 1 hour (Geoff Sales)
21. Load of farmyard manure delivered to your door (in the village !) (Lindsay Llewellyn)
22. Visit to you garden to clear moles (Paul Llewellyn)
23. A fancy dress outfit of your choice made to measure for a child (Rosemary Lait)
24. 1 hour of general repair work; electric, plumbing, building (Steve Baker)Car valeted inside and out (Greg Evans)
St Hilary’s Royal Wedding Extravaganza is supported by members of:
- St Hilary Community
- St Hilary Church
- St Hilary Village Hall Committee
- St Hilary Choir
- St Hilary Women’s Institute
- The Bush Inn
- Coed Hills Rural Arts Space