To celebrate the Centenary Year of the Women's Institute, St Hilary WI planted an acer tree in the St Hilary Pump Garden / No Man's Land on 16th September 2015 - the date in 1915 that the first WI was founded in Llanfair PG. Members gathered for a ceremonial planting, complete with commemoration plaque. A celebratory toast then took place in The Bush!!
Click on read more for additional photos and names.
Pictured from the left: Maria Weber, Jackie Roberts, Jenny Hughes, Joy Rees, Caroline Neudegg, Sheila Davies, Betty Thomas (President), Ray Evans, Sian Deal and Kay Heath.
Fossor: Clive Roberts